ss_blog_claim=e4e36b58513f8bfc03a201c7966d3638

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Avast! Antivirus

For a long time now I had used AVG (Anti Virus Guard) as a free program to put on my customers computers. I would guess AVG was pretty efficient for about 1-2 years. However lately I had notice that my two favorite programs (Adaware and AVG) had been missing a lot of the current malware.

So I did some research and found Malwarebytes which I discussed in a earlier article, and Avast Antivirus. I am very happy as far as Avast's virus database since it seems to catch just about everything. Avast also has a feature that lets you do a "boot virus scan" which scans your hard drive before windows is loaded.

The only thing I could complain about is that Avast does not really have a good user interface, however you can download new "themes" is also comes with one that is better in my opinion then the original.

1 comment: