ss_blog_claim=e4e36b58513f8bfc03a201c7966d3638

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Google Analytics

Ok now I apologize in advance that this one may or may not be a little too technical for some people. However due to the power of Google Analytics I felt that this one had to be discussed. What is Google Analytics? It is a site statistics program that allows you to monitor, track, and archive the visitors of your site.

What does that mean? Knowing how many people are visiting your site a day, where they are coming from, what keywords they are searching search engines for, how many pages on your site they view, how long they stay, and that is only the TIP of the iceberg.

It does take some time to set up (Estimated under 1 hour) however once you get it going this program will probably become your most valuable web site asset and a good friend. I check my statistics every day, and if I'm right, you will too :P


4 comments:

  1. yes,i've set up my account on google analytics..
    it really gives accurate result of visitors in the beginning,but for these few weeks my analytics tells me that my blog visitors is totally zero,in fact,my blog visitor is about 60 a day. could you explain me why?
    thx b4

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened to me as well when I changed the "theme" or "layout" for my blog, apparantly it can override lots of custom code you entered.

    Reenter the tracking code for your website and that should fix it. Also ignore the green checkmark if your code stops working it doesnt go back to a red x or anything.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh..
    u're right brother...
    i forgot that i have changed my layout...
    :lol
    thx anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Np like I said, happened to me to so your not alone. Also glad you asked, hopefully this convo can help other peeps.

    ReplyDelete